Meet The Doctor
- Researcher and Assistant Professor in the Departments of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, New York University since 1996
- Member of the Department of Oral Surgery at NYU for 10 years
- Consultant at AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences – the Indian equivalent of the National Institutes of Health)
- Adjunct Professor at Titu Maiorescu University in Bucharest, Romania, since 2013
- Adjunct Professor at SGT University in Gurgaon India since 2017
- Adjunct Professor at Panjab University in Chandigarh, India
- Included in Best Dentists in Westchester list (2009-current)
- Continues to lecture, conduct, and supervise research worldwide
- Has published more than 80 papers and 8 book chapters on his research
- Editor/Peer Reviewer for 19 major journals in the fields of periodontics and implant dentistry
Robert A. Horowitz, DDS
To say that Dr. Robert Horowitz has excelled in his field would be an understatement. He completed his Bachelor of Science degree in Genetics and Microbiology at Cornell University, and in 1982, he graduated from the Columbia University College of Dental and Oral Surgery. Since that time, Dr. Horowitz has worked nonstop to provide premium dental care to patients in Scarsdale, New York, and the rest of Westchester County.
Dr. Horowitz completed a one-year general practice residency in dentistry, a 2-year residency in Periodontology at the Manhattan VA Hospital and NYU College of Dentistry (1983-1985), and a 2-year residency in Implant Dentistry at the NYU College of Dentistry (1994-1996). After finishing his periodontal and implant dentistry residencies, Dr. Horowitz began working at his current office with his father, who also was a dentist. When his father retired, he took over the practice.
Dr. Horowitz has a passion for the latest in dental technology and has stayed up-to-date on all of the current trends in patient care. He takes continuing education courses weekly, and attends numerous major conferences each year to stay abreast of the latest developments in dentistry. He continues to research and lecture at NYU about the latest dental techniques and has contributed to the fields of microscopic surgery, bone growth factors, bone graft materials, and the optimization of dental implants. He also has years of experience, and has presented on the topic of enhanced orthodontic therapy to his peers. You’re in good hands!
When he’s not researching and teaching, Dr. Horowitz loves providing great patient care. He tries to infuse his passion for dentistry, periodontics and implant dentistry, in particular, to his patients, students, and the other dentists he trains and works with around the globe. To him, the most rewarding part of practicing dentistry is seeing the healthy, happy smile of a patient who has completed treatment. Those smiles can turn a person’s life around, and that’s why he continues to work hard for your care.
His career has been marked by professional development, growth, and research on the newest technologies in the industry. In that time, he’s received accolades for his great work. However, Dr. Horowitz says that his best recognition has been the numerous satisfied residents of Scarsdale and Westchester County who are walking around showing off smiles that he helped create.
Dr. Horowitz, and his wife, raised their two children in Westchester County. His hobbies include fishing, skiing, and music concerts.
Discover Dr. Horowitz’s experience in the field of periodontics and implant dentistry