Meet The Dentist
Robert A. Horowitz, DDS
To say that Dr. Robert A. Horowitz has excelled in his field would be an understatement. He completed his Bachelor of Science degree in Genetics and Microbiology at Cornell University, and in 1982 graduated from the Columbia University College of Dental and Oral Surgery. Since that time, Dr. Horowitz has worked nonstop to provide premium dental care to patients in Scarsdale, New York, and the rest of Westchester County.
Dr. Horowitz has completed a one-year general practice residency in dentistry, a 2-year residency in Periodontology at the Manhattan VA Hospital and NYU College of Dentistry (1983-1985), and a 2-year residency in Implant Dentistry at the NYU College of Dentistry (1994-1996). After finishing his periodontal and implant dentistry residencies, Dr. Horowitz began working at his current office with his father, who also was a dentist. When his father retired, Dr. Horowitz took over the practice.
Dr. Horowitz has a passion for the latest in dental technology and has stayed up-to-date on all of the current trends in patient care. He takes continuing education courses weekly, and attends 6-12 major conferences each year to stay abreast of the latest developments in dentistry. He continues to research and lecture at NYU about the latest dental techniques and has contributed to the fields of microscopic surgery, bone growth factors, bone graft materials, and the optimization of dental implants. He is also an expert in enhanced orthodontic therapy. You’re in good hands!
When he’s not researching and teaching, Dr. Horowitz loves providing great patient care. He tries to infuse his passion for dentistry, periodontics and implant dentistry in particular, to his patients, students, and the other dentists he trains and works with around the globe. To him, the most rewarding part of practicing dentistry is seeing the healthy, happy smile of a patient who has completed treatment. Those smiles can turn a person’s life around, and that’s why he continues to work hard for your care.
Dr. Horowitz’s career has been marked by professional development, growth, and research on the newest technologies in the industry. In that time, he’s received accolades for his great work. However, Dr. Horowitz says that his best recognition has been the numerous satisfied residents of Scarsdale and Westchester County who are walking around showing off smiles that he helped create.
- Researcher and Assistant Professor at New York University for 21 years
- Member of the Department of Oral Surgery at NYU for 10 years
- Consultant at AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences – the Indian equivalent of the National Institutes of Health)
- Adjunct Professor at Titu Maiorescu University in Bucharest, Romania, for 4 years
- Adjunct Professor at Panjab University in Chandigarh, India
- Adjunct Professor at SGT University in Gurgaon India for 1 year
- Ranked on the Best Dentists in Westchester list for 5 years
- Continues to lecture, conduct, and supervise research worldwide
- Has published 80 papers and 2 book chapters on his research
- Editor for 6 major journals in the fields of periodontics and implant dentistry
- Currently working with 2 colleagues to author and edit a book
Dr. Horowitz and his wife raised their family in Westchester County. His hobbies include fishing and skiing.
Our Practice & Core Values
It is our mission to improve the quality of life and health of our patients. We will do this by delivering the best, individualized dental care and education. We treat patients as we would like to be treated and strive to forge a long-term relationship of oral health.
- We Are Patient focused — We always do what is best for the patient.
- Quality — We always strive for the highest quality and never accept inferior results in the interest of time or money.
- Compassion — We truly care about our patients and are sympathetic to their concerns.
- Passion — Our office love and believe in what we do and will go the extra mile for our patients.
- Comfortable — We will meet individual needs to make treatment comfortable and painless.
- Educational — We believe that teaching our patients about their oral health can have a significant impact on their quality of life.
- Honesty — We always deliver the truth and only recommend treatment that we would have for ourselves.
- Experienced — We only do what we are experienced and qualified to do.
- Integrity — We always do what is right, even when no one is looking.
- Knowledgeable — We put a strong emphasis on staying current and educating constantly.
- Respect — We recognize that people have different beliefs and views and we respect them.
- Friendly and Fun — We believe that a friendly and fun atmosphere improves quality of life and treatment outcomes.
Robert A. Horowitz, DDS
Periodontics | Laser Therapy | Dental Implants
2 Overhill Rd, Suite 270
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Monday, 8 AM-6 PM
Tuesday, 8 AM-6 PM
Wednesday, 8 AM-1 PM
Thursday, 8 AM-5 PM